Home About Me house tour Parker's story

Monday, September 19, 2011

{Roomspiration: Guest Bedrooms}

I'm participating in the Roomspiration Blog Hop & Link Party & today it's all about guest bedrooms!   We have one guest bedroom & it's probably one of my favorite rooms in our home.  Mainly because it's almost done. 


It has definitely come along way from where it originally started.  All of the before pictures are on our old computer that evidently has some sort virus because we can't get on it.  Insert sad face.  

We refinished the original hardwood floors last year.  And we did a great job if I say so myself. 


The green chair is a find at one of the local used furniture stores.  It was in great shape, cost $39 & just needed some love.  Unfortunately I have yet to give it the love it needs.  I want to do a white or cream slipcover.  That's on the to do list. 


The next things on the list are to paint the ceiling in Martha Stewart's Zinc, add crown molding & Layla Grace's Provence chandelier.   

 We want a headboard but can't decide between these two.  These are both from West Elm which is one of my favorite stores right now!  I love the curves of the first one but I also love the nailhead in the second one!  What's a girl to do?

We are debating on this rug from IKEA too.  I love the texture it would add to the space.  We currently have a yellow & white rug from Pottery Barn in there.  It's too obvious to me though so it has to go. 
Well that's our guest room.  Hope you enjoyed! 

I'm linking up over at DIY By Design

No comments:

Post a Comment